The Federal Ministry of Labor and Economy, the Competence Center Research Focus International Economics and the Federal Academy of Administration invite to the seminar
B3 (2023): Importance of Foreign Trade for Austria
Lecturer: Mag. a Elisabeth Christen, PhD (WIFO)
1. Overview of Austria as an export nation
- Composition of exports by goods
- Overview of the most important trading partners inside and outside the EU
- Austria’s export strength and competitiveness
2. Export orientation as a result of politics
- Overview of economic policy measures (export promotion measures, political circumstances, etc.)
- Austria’s place in the global value chain in comparison
3. Current challenges and opportunities
- End of globalisation?
- Ecological transformation
- Geo-economic aspects
The webinar is part of the Foreign Trade and Investment Curriculum 2023/24. More information about the Foreign Trade Curriculum.