Within the framework of the “Research Centre International Economics”, the “FIW Award” is announced as a promotion for excellent young female scientists in the research area of International Economics.
The award is intended for qualified female scientists who have written a diploma, master thesis or PhD thesis at an Austrian university in the field of “International Economics” or for Austrian citizens who have written their master thesis at a university abroad.
The total volume of the award is € 5,000.00 and can be divided among several young female scientists. The concrete distribution of the prize money depends on the quality and number of submissions and will be made by a selection committee.
Funding is provided for theoretical, empirical, and economic policy theses on the following topics:
- Foreign Trade
- Development Economics
- European Integration
- International Financial Markets
- International trade and finance institutions
- International Macroeconomics
- International economic development
- International trade
- International competition
- Economic effects of migration
- Exchange rate regimes or related topics