The Research Centre International Economics FIW is a project of WIFO, wiiw and WSR on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs. The FIW cooperation with the Vienna University of Economics and Business, the University Vienna, the Johannes Kepler University Linz and the University of Innsbruck is supported by the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research.
- AW-Curriculum: Seminar Verteilungseffekte im Freihandel
- Call for Papers. 12th FIW Research Conference 'International Economics'
- SIE: Offshoring and Non-Monotonic Employment Effects across Industries in General Equilibrium
wiiw Annual Database
The wiiw FDI Database provides a comprehensive overview on FDI indicators in 23 Central, East and Southeast European countries. More than 18,800 time series are updated twice a year, in spring and autumn, as soon as new data are released. The time series on FDI follow the international standard of the directional principle, based on the OECD Benchmark Definition of Foreign Direct Investment, 4th edition 2008.
|EU Member States||Western Balkans||CIS and Ukraine|
|Croatia||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Kazakhstan|
All time series run from 1990 onwards as far as the data are available. The database provides the following indicators:
· FDI total: inflow/outflow, inward/outward stock in EUR million
· FDI by components: inflow/outflow, inward/outward stock in EUR million
· FDI by partner: inflow/outflow, inward/outward stock in EUR million, share in % of total
· FDI by activities: inflow/outflow, inward/outward stock in EUR million, share in % of total
Additionally, some indicators for analytical purpose have been included:
· FDI flow and stock per capita
· FDI flow and stock in % of GDP
· FDI flow in % of gross fixed capital formation
The activity breakdown is given by NACE Rev. 2 or NACE Rev. 1 at 1- and 2-letter code and 2-digit manufacturing industry code.
The National Banks of the respective host countries. If National Bank data are lacking, the time series are taken from the Central Statistical Offices (registration data).
The wiiw FDI Database ca be accessed via a user-friendly retrieval tool, also allowing to store your queries, directly at the wiiw website: https://data.wiiw.ac.at.
You can also access the data here at FIW – please register below.
In addition to this online database, wiiw issues a yearly publication (beginning of June) called wiiw FDI Report, available in hardcopy or for download. It includes FDI data of the most recent years plus an analysis of recent developments and prospects of FDI in the region.