- FIW Conferences.
- 10th FIW Research Conference.
- 9th FIW Research Conference.
- 8th FIW Research Conference.
- 7th FIW Research Conference.
- 6. FIW Research Conference.
- 5. FIW Research Conference.
- 4. FIW Research Conference.
- Production Networks.
- 3. FIW Research Conference.
- 2. FIW Research Conference.
- 1. FIW Research Conference.
- FIW Workshops .
- FIW Seminars.
- FIW Lectures.
- FIW Press Events.
- Seminarreihe "Aktuelle volkswirtschaftliche Fragen".
- External Events.
FIW is a project of the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy
Latest FIW Policy Briefs
Latest FIW Note
Latest FIW Working Papers
10th FIW Research Conference "International Economics"
10th FIW Research Conference ‘International Economics’
November 9-10 - Vienna Universtiy of Econmics and Business (WU)
Venue: Vienna University of Economics & Business (WU)
Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Contact: FIW Project Office (fiw-pb(at)fiw.at)
Keynote Lecture: Dennis Novy (Warwick University)
- The topic of the paper should match the thematic orientation of International Economics (JEL Codes F and/or O).
- The paper has not yet been published in any academic journal or book.
- All submissions must include the following:
- A cover sheet clearly specifying the title, author(s) and abstract
- Mailing address and e-mail contact addresses (e-mail will be used for follow-up requests and questions)
- To be considered for the ‘Young Economist Award 17’ the age of the author(s) must be indicated.
- Abstracts are not accepted.
(Full) Working Papers should be sent to fiw-pb(at)fiw.at in electronic form (PDF)
The Research Centre International Economics - FIW announces its 10th Research Conference ‘International Economics on 9-10 November 2017 and invites the submission of (full) working papers to be presented at the conference.
The main objective of the conference is to provide a platform for economists working in the field of ‘International Economics’ in Austria and its neighbouring countries to present recent research. Papers from Ph.D. students, post-graduate students, young faculty members and young researchers in similar positions are particularly welcome as the conference aims to support and encourage young economists by providing an opportunity to present their work.
TIME & LOCATION
The 10th FIW Research Conference on ‘International Economics’ will take place on Thursday, 9th of November 2017 and Friday, 10th of November 2017, at the Vienna University of Economics & Business (WU) Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria.
Two prizes for the best contributions to the Research Conference will be awarded. There will be a ‘Best Conference Paper Award 17’ and a ‘Young Economist Award 17’. Each award is worth € 1000.
The ‘Young Economist Award 17’ is intended for Ph.D. students, post-graduate students, young faculty members and young researchers in similar positions. To be considered for this award all authors of the paper have to be 34 or younger at the time of submission.
The broad topic of the conference is ‘International Economics’. This includes, inter alia, the areas of Trade, International Factor Movements, Economic Integration, Trade Policy, International Trade Organizations, Economic Growth of Open Economies, Multinational Firms, International Macroeconomics and other related fields.
The 10th FIW-Research Conference is jointly organized by the FIW Project , Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS) Regensburg), the ifo institute, the University of Ljubljana, the Universita di Bologna, University of Economics Bratislava and Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA KRTK).
The ‘center of excellence’ FIW (http://www.fiw.ac.at/) is a project of WIFO, wiiw and WSR on behalf of the BMWFW. The FIW cooperation with the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU), the University Vienna and the Johannes Kepler University Linz is supported by the former Federal Ministry of Science and Research (now integrated in the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy).
Questions may be addressed to fiw-pb(at)fiw.at.
The conference programme will be published on http://fiw.ac.at.
Selection decisions will be communicated to the authors until the end of September 2017
Attendance of the FIW Research Conference is free.
The conference language is English.
Travel expenses will not be refunded.